Nov. 30, 2019
There are many types of Graphite Electrode, such as high-power graphite electrodes, ultra-high-power graphite electrodes, ordinary graphite electrodes, etc. Different types of graphite electrodes can be applied in different fields. As one of the many graphite electrodes, ordinary power graphite electrode is widely used in the market due to its own advantages. But everyone just understands the types and uses of graphite electrodes, but they don't know much about the processing forms of graphite electrodes. In fact, there are three types of processing methods for graphite electrodes: pressure vibration method, CNC automatic forming method, and mechanical processing method. The following will briefly explain the three types of graphite electrode processing.
1. The pressurized vibration method requires a special machine tool. The shape of the electrode master and the electrode is opposite. The graphite material and the forming tool are relatively placed during processing, leaving a certain gap. A processing fluid mixed with water and abrasive is injected into it. The graphite and the forming tool are subjected to ultrasonic vibration while passing through the processing fluid. Under the impact of the abrasive, the graphite is slightly peeled into the required shape. The abrasive is SiC, B4C or diamond. The coarser the abrasive, the faster the processing speed. When the machine tool is working, it adopts sealed type and water curtain type for processing. Suitable for EDM for mass production.
2. The NC automatic forming method requires a special graphite electrode forming machine. It adopts the NC method and has an automatic tool changing device that can accommodate multiple tools. In order to improve the processing environment, the periphery of the processed graphite electrode is surrounded by a water curtain to prevent graphite dust from being scattered around. In addition, the wet machining method can also be used to prevent the tool from being worn and the graphite dust from being scattered by the water-soluble cutting fluid. The machine tool has a high-performance filtering device that can separate cutting fluid from graphite chips and ensure continuous processing for a long time. It is an ideal special equipment for graphite electrode processing and suitable for mold electrode processing.
3. Mechanical processing method, the main method adopted by general mold production units.
No matter which method is used to process graphite electrodes, graphite materials are required. The graphite material can be processed by turning, milling, drilling and grinding. In addition, graphite materials are prone to fly dust during mechanical processing, which adversely affects processing equipment and operators.
In addition, Fine-graphite Rod Supplier can share with you the processing procedures of graphite materials:
1) Graphite immersed in oil. Before machining the graphite material, it should be immersed in engine oil for dozens of hours to allow the oil to penetrate the graphite material, so that the ash powder will not fly during machining and a smooth surface can be obtained.
2) Lacquered line. After the electrode is rough-processed on the outline surface, a thin layer of white paint is sprayed on the surface of the scribe line before scribe, so that the lines are clear and easy to machine.
3) Perform machining.
The above are some of the processing methods of graphite electrodes introduced by the Graphite Tile supplier. Hope to help you.
Add : Jicun Town, Yuanshi County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Tel : +86 311 6736 8225
Mob. : +86 186 3307 7361
Fax : +86 311 6736 8225
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp : +86 186 3307 7365