Jan. 17, 2020
The consumption of graphite electrodes in electric furnace steelmaking is mainly related to the quality of the electrode itself, but also has a great relationship with the furnace conditions and steelmaking operations. So, in addition to the consumption of the graphite electrode itself, what aspects of its consumption mechanism are reflected? In order to answer everyone's doubts, Graphite Electrode Supplier will summarize the experience of many years and briefly introduce the graphite electrode has a consumption mechanism.
1. End consumption. Including the sublimation of graphite material caused by the high temperature of the arc and the loss of chemical reaction between the inner part of the graphite electrode and molten steel and slag. The high-temperature sublimation rate at the end is mainly determined by the current density through the electrode, which is related to the diameter of the electrode side after oxidation, and the end consumption is also related to whether the electrode is inserted into the molten steel to increase carbon.
2. Side oxidation. The chemical composition of Graphite Electrode is carbon. Under certain conditions, carbon will oxidize with air, water vapor, and carbon dioxide. The amount of oxidation on the side of the electrode is related to the unit oxidation rate and the exposed area. Generally, the amount of oxidation on the side of the electrode accounts for about 50% of the electrode consumption.
3. Loss of stump. When the electrode is continuously used to the connection between the upper and lower electrodes, a short section of the electrode or the joint is detached due to the thinning of the body or the penetration of the crack. The size of the stump loss is related to the shape of the joint, the internal structure of the electrode, the vibration of the electrode column, and the impact.
4. The surface is peeled off and blocks. In the smelting process, the results are caused by the rapid thermal shock and the poor thermal shock resistance of the electrode itself.
5. The electrode is broken. Including electrode torso break and connector break. The breakage of the electrode is related to the quality of the graphite electrode and the joint, the processing coordination, and the steelmaking operation. The cause is often the focus of dispute between the steel plant and the electrode plant.
That's it for the consumption mechanism of graphite electrodes. I hope that this information can help you understand graphite electrodes further, and through reasonable application, give full play to the role of graphite electrodes and achieve good application results.
Feb. 14, 2020
Feb. 07, 2020
Add : Jicun Town, Yuanshi County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Tel : +86 311 6736 8225
Mob. : +86 186 3307 7361
Fax : +86 311 6736 8225
E-mail : email@example.com
WhatsApp : +86 186 3307 7365