Feb. 21, 2020
Graphite electrode is one of many graphite products. As a professional Graphite Electrode Manufacturer, the following will briefly explain the safety of graphite products.
Graphite powder is a substance that is sensitive to chemical reactions. In different environments, its resistivity will change, that is, its resistance value will change, but one thing will not change. Graphite powder is a good non-metal conductive material. One, as long as the graphite powder is guaranteed to be uninterrupted in the insulating object, it will be energized like a thin wire. However, the value of the resistance is not an accurate number because the thickness of the graphite powder is different. The resistance value of graphite powder will be different in different materials and environments.
Because of its special structure, graphite has the following special properties:
1) High temperature resistance type: graphite has a melting point of 3850±50°C and a boiling point of 4250°C. Even if it is burned by ultra-high temperature arc, the weight loss is small and the thermal expansion coefficient is very small. The strength of graphite increases with temperature. At 2000°C, the strength of graphite doubles.
2) Electrical and thermal conductivity: The electrical conductivity of graphite is 100 times higher than that of general non-metallic ore. Thermal conductivity exceeds metal materials such as steel, iron, lead. Thermal conductivity decreases with increasing temperature, and even at extremely high temperatures, graphite becomes a thermal insulator.
3) Lubricity: The lubricity of graphite depends on the size of graphite flakes. The larger the scale, the smaller the friction coefficient and the better the lubrication performance.
4) Chemical stability: Graphite has good chemical stability at room temperature and is resistant to acid, alkali and organic solvents.
5) Plasticity: Graphite has good toughness and can be connected into very thin flakes.
6) Thermal shock resistance: Graphite can withstand severe temperature changes without damage when used at normal temperature. When the temperature changes suddenly, the volume of graphite does not change much and no cracks will occur.
Graphite bearings in graphite products use graphite as the main base material, which has strong self-lubricity and corrosion resistance. It can be used for long-term operation without using lubricating oil. It is mostly used for sliding bearings. Used in food, beverage, textile, chemical and other industrial sectors for bearings such as conveyors, dryers, textile machines, and submersible pump motors. Boats made of graphite materials are usually made of graphite materials. Single crystal silicon crystal growth crucibles, regional refining vessels, supports, fixtures, induction heaters, etc., are all processed with high-purity graphite. In addition, graphite can also be used as a graphite heat insulation plate and base for vacuum smelting, high temperature resistance furnace tube, rod, plate, grid and other components.
Graphite Crucible made of graphite and refractory has high fire resistance and low thermal expansion. It is also stable when metal is infiltrated and washed in the process of melting metal. It has good thermal shock stability and excellent conductivity at high temperature. It is widely used in the process of directly melting metal. High-purity graphite products are used in high-purity metal smelting, electronics industry, nuclear industry and mold manufacturing; ordinary products are used in masonry materials in aluminum electrolysis tanks, powder metallurgy sintering furnaces, ferroalloy furnaces and other mineral heating furnaces.
That's all for the safety of graphite products, I hope this information will deepen your understanding of graphite products such as Graphite Electrode.
Add : Jicun Town, Yuanshi County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Tel : +86 311 6736 8225
Mob. : +86 186 3307 7361
Fax : +86 311 6736 8225
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp : +86 186 3307 7365