Oct. 29, 2019
The production characteristics of Graphite Electrode are mainly:
(1) The production cycle is long. The production cycle of ordinary power graphite electrodes is about 45 days, the production cycle of ultra high power graphite electrodes is more than 70 days, and the production period of graphite electrode joints requiring multiple impregnation is longer.
(2) High energy consumption. The production of 1t ordinary power graphite electrode requires about 6000kW·h of electricity, thousands of cubic meters of gas or natural gas, and about 1t of metallurgical coke and metallurgical coke.
(3) There are many production processes. The production process includes raw material calcination, crushing milling, compounding, kneading, forming, roasting, impregnation, graphitization and mechanical processing. Its production requires many special mechanical equipment and special structure of the kiln, the construction investment is large, and the investment recovery period is longer.
(4) A certain amount of dust and harmful gases are generated during the production process, and it is necessary to adopt perfect ventilation measures to reduce dust and eliminate harmful gases.
(5) Production of carbonaceous raw materials required Petroleum coke and coal tar pitch are the production and processing by-products of refining enterprises and coal chemical enterprises. The quality and stability of raw materials are difficult to be fully guaranteed, especially the production of high-power and ultra-high-power graphite electrodes. The special impregnating asphalt with needle coke, modified electrode asphalt and low quinoline insoluble content is in urgent need of the attention and active cooperation of China's petroleum and coal chemical processing enterprises.
So what are the main processing techniques for graphite electrodes? Graphite Electrode Manufacturer will come to tell you.
There are three main forms of processing of graphite electrodes: pressure vibration method, numerical control automatic forming method and mechanical processing method.
(1) Pressurized vibration method: The pressure vibration method requires a special machine tool, and the electrode master mold has the opposite shape to the electrode. The graphite material and the forming tool are placed opposite each other during processing, leaving a certain gap. A machining fluid mixed with water and abrasive is injected into it. The graphite and the forming tool are ultrasonically vibrated while passing through the working fluid. Under the action of abrasive impact, graphite is slightly stripped to the desired shape. The abrasive is SiC, B4C or diamond, and the thicker the abrasive, the faster the processing speed. The machine tool works with sealed and water curtains. Suitable for EDM forming for mass production.
(2) Numerical control automatic forming method: The numerical control automatic forming method requires a special graphite electrode forming machine, which adopts numerical control mode and has automatic tool changing device, which can accommodate multiple tools. In order to improve the processing environment, the graphite electrode is surrounded by a water curtain to prevent the graphite dust from being scattered. Alternatively, the wet processing method can be used to prevent the tool from being worn and the graphite dust from scattering by the water-soluble cutting fluid. The machine tool has a high-performance filter device, which can separate the cutting fluid and graphite chips, and can ensure continuous processing for a long time. It is an ideal special equipment for graphite electrode processing and is suitable for electrode processing of molds. However, its price is relatively high, and it is not common in domestic applications.
(3) Machining method: The mechanical processing method is the main method adopted by domestic general mold production units.
Graphite materials can be processed by turning, milling, drilling and grinding. In addition, graphite materials are prone to fly ash during machining, which adversely affects processing equipment and operators.
The above is the processing form of the graphite electrode, I hope to be helpful to everyone. In addition, if you have a need for graphite electrodes, you can contact us, we can provide you with many types of graphite electrodes and Graphite Tile, welcome you.
Feb. 14, 2020
Feb. 07, 2020
Add : Jicun Town, Yuanshi County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Tel : +86 311 6736 8225
Mob. : +86 186 3307 7361
Fax : +86 311 6736 8225
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp : +86 186 3307 7365